Welcome to the Fair Hill Nature Center Camp, 2023!
This summer is going to be amazing, and we are so excited to get started! Below, you will find information that will help prepare yourself and your child for camp:
What should I pack?
● Lunch with a cold pack - we do not offer refrigeration
● Water bottle
● Bathing suit, towel, and water shoes (no flip flops please)
● Change of clothes in case something gets wet
● Sunscreen / hat
● Your camp spirit!
Please label all of your camper’s belongings!
What should I expect at drop-off?
● Drop off is between 8:45-9:00 AM.
● We are located at 630 Tawes Drive, Elkton MD 21921 near the covered bridge.
● We will have a tent set up near the parking lot so you may drop your child off without getting out of the car. Please have their backpack and supplies ready to go.
● The first day we will ask you to confirm registration info for each camper. Please be patient as drop off may take a little longer than normal.
What should I expect at pick-up?
● Pick-up is between 3:15-3:30.
● A staff member will be at the tent outside of the Nature Center to assist you.
● Your child will be ready and waiting (outside if it’s nice and inside if it’s bad weather).
● You must show ID to pick up a camper, so please be prepared.
● We ask you to remain in your car, to be respectful of traffic, and proceed in an orderly fashion.
● We kindly ask you to be on time for pick-up.
● Treat all campers, counselors, and nature with respect.
● No throwing rocks, sticks, etc.
● Campers must wear a life vest when in water higher than 12”. Life vests provided.
● Cell phones are discouraged and must stay in backpacks.
● If your camper has medication, it must be given to a counselor or kept in a backpack.
● We use the buddy system, so no camper is ever alone.
● When we are hiking, a camp counselor will be in the front and rear of the line.
● Campers must be able to change clothing on their own. Our staff cannot assist.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! See you soon!
Laura Hannan & the summer camp staff
2023 Summer Camps
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Weekly Camp Fee: $285*
Camp runs 9am - 3:30pm
*Fees are pro-rated for short weeks
June 20-23, Ages 5-8
July 24-28, Ages 5-8
Unravel nature's secrets by exploring forests, fields, and streams. Find hidden animals by sight or sound.
Hike and Build
June 20-23, June 26-30 & July 31- Aug 4
Build a shelter and create a fort. Explore the splendor of Fair Hill as you hike to new adventures. Take home your own animal enclosure.
July 17-21, Ages 5-8
Aug 7-11, Ages 5-8
Search the forests, streams, and fields for new animal friends. Meet and help care for the Nature Center's resident snakes and turtles.
Learn all about geocaching to explore the hidden treasures of Fair Hill. You will apply your mapping and detective skills to find caches around the Nature Center. During the fun-filled week you will create and hide your own treasure!
Engage with local scientists during these hands on STEM camps.
STEM Camp: Activities hikes, stream exploration, insect collecting, and even exploding a watermelon!
Sustainability Camp: Learn what it takes to be sustainable at school and at home. Each day will include a sustainability lesson followed by an afternoon activity to discover what impacts recycling, sustainability, and renewable energy have on the park. Activities include water tubing, hiking, games, fishing, and more!