Hill Nature and Environmental Center
Minutes from the Board of Director's Meeting
February 16, 2005
| xGangemi, Mario
| xHannum, Holly
|| xSmith, Hinda
| xHill, Doug
Gangemi called the meeting to order at 6:35 P.M.
The minutes from the November Board meeting were to be reviewed and approved
via email within the next week. The minutes from the January Board meeting
were approved and used as the agenda for this meeting.
President’s Report/New Business: Mario Gangemi
- The secretary shall re-send November minutes to all Board members for approval.
- A fund raising campaign shall be started. All Board members are to
solicit donations for the Center starting immediately to help raise the Fund
- The goal is $15,000. Board members are asked to raise at least $1000 each.
- The campaign will tentatively end May 1.
- This campaign is a challenge to all Board members. It is not a
requirement to remain on the Board. Concern was raised that some Board
members may not have the contacts or the ability to meet the goal.
- Work will continue on the Marketing committee.
- Potential new Board Member: Chris Sopa
- She currently runs a leadership development company and is active in
the CC Chamber of Commerce
- She has two young daughters
- Dan Schneckenberger is the official nominator
- Motion was made to invite her to become a Board member. Bill made
the motion, Joe seconded it. The Board voted unanimously to invite
Chris Sopa to become a Board member.
Treasurer's Report/Finance Committee:
- Mark Crawford has resigned from the Board due to overwhelming work load. He
is available occasionally for consultation.
- Lisa Perkins has offered to take over the day to day data entry and book
work tasks of Treasurer.
- Bill Pannill was willing to assume the Treasurer’s post. Dan
Speakman made a motion to approve Bill as the Treasurer. The Board
voted unanimously to approve Bill as Treasurer.
- Lisa Perkins and Bill Pannill will meet with Mark Crawford to transfer
the current Fund Balance information.